Atticus Ross (born January 16, 1968) is a producer, engineer and musician who collaborated with Trent Reznor on the Nine Inch Nails albums With Teeth, Year Zero, Ghosts I–IV, The Slip and Hesitation Marks as well as the scores for The Social Network, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and Gone Girl.
Ross joined Nine Inch Nails on stage for their final performance at the Wiltern in Los Angeles on September 10, 2009. Atticus played on "Me, I'm Not", "The Warning" and "Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)".
Ross also founded the band 12 Rounds, with wife Claudia Sarne and Adam Holden, who were signed to Nothing Records for a period. He frequently collaborates on film scores with Sarne and his brother, Leopold. Ross is currently involved with Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig Reznor and Rob Sheridan on the How To Destroy Angels project.
Body Of Work
Work with Nine Inch Nails
- Production and programming
- Songwriter, production and programming
- Production, programming, arranging and engineering
- Touching Evil (with Claudia Sarne and Leopold Ross)
- The Book of Eli (credited as solo, performance and writing with Claudia Sarne and Leopold Ross)
- New York, I Love You (Allen Hughes segment, with Claudia Sarne and Leopold Ross)
- The Social Network (with Trent Reznor)
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (with Trent Reznor)
- Días de Gracia (with Claudia Sarne and Leopold Ross). Also on score: Nick Cave & Warren Ellis and Shigeru Umeyabashi.
- Broken City
- Water Stories (composition for National Dance Company Wales)
- Gone Girl (with Trent Reznor)
- Love and Mercy (coming 2015)
- Crocodile Gennadiy (with Leopold Ross) (coming 2015)
- Blackhat (with Harry Gregson-Williams) (coming 2015)
Music for advertising
- Jordan Brand
Selected other works
- Bad Religion, "Beyond Electric Dreams" (programming)
- Barry Adamson, Oedipus Schmoedipus (programming, additional sounds) The Negro Inside Me (additional beats and sounds), assorted other works
- Coheed & Cambria, "Year of the Black Rainbow" (producer)
- From First To Last, The Levy (programming)
- Korn, See You on the Other Side (co-writer, co-producer) "Untitled" (co producer); (remix)
- Loverman, "Human Nurture" (co-producer)
- No Jahoda, Jahoda Witness (producer, programmer, co-writer)
- Pink, Try This (programmer and musician)
- Janes Addiction, NINJA 2009 Summer Tour EP (production, programming)
- Saul Williams, The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of NiggyTardust! (programming, engineering)