This article needs to remain non-stalker-ish. Here's some guidelines.
Note from leo: Due to some new articles posted at some message boards, some modifications to the guidelines have been made.
- Place of birth and childhood
- Date of birth
- Instruments he plays and has played in the past
- Most anything Trent has discussed in interviews
- Phone number
- Home address (past and present)
- Favorite candy (It's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.)
- Names of relatives, living or dead (or undead)
- Names of girlfriends/spouses, past and present
- Sex life and sexual history
- Anything that is considered too personal or too much information
So, in other words, try not to be a stalker, and try not to insert useless info. --Tony 17:10, 11 March 2007 (PDT)
But how else will people know what kind of candy to throw on stage??
Just a reminder: This article is to focus primarily on Trent's career and music. Anything that is irrelevant or deemed too personal WILL be removed, and you will receive a warning.--leo3375 15:12, 22 December 2007 (PST)
East Coast Taurus.
Huh, that's pretty cool. Trent has a birthday twelve days after mine, and he's from a place that's about an hour from my house. Interesting. --Electric 17:58, 27 March 2007 (PDT)
- Beware! You just provided stalkerish info on yourself. Pomte 00:45, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
Where did that info about Trent ODing on heroin come from? I've always just read about his being addicted to "drugs" but no specifics. Broken sounds like it is on cocaine, TDS on heroin, etc. Depravitor 11:30, 6 May 2007 (PDT)
- It was mentioned in an interview in NME in April 2005. Trent recalled in the interview waking up in a hospital and being told what had happened.--Leo3375 15:47, 6 May 2007 (PDT)
Early timeline - The Innocent
The article states that he was in The Innocent after Exotic Birds. I thought he was in Option 30, then The Innocent, and finally the Exotic Birds?--arclight 16:01, 26 November 2007 (EDT)
- I'll have to do a little more research. I know Option 30 was first, then the Urge.--Leo3375 13:42, 26 November 2007 (PST)
2009/05/02 HUGE NEWS!!!
By now everyone's heard the big news. At this point in time I don't see the need to mention it in the article. When it has happened, we can go ahead and change the last sentence in the article to "… with his wife and two Greyhounds."--leo3375 21:40, 2 May 2009 (PDT)
Just an addendum: I have no problem with anyone making a page for the band West Indian Girl and categorizing them as a Related Band.--leo3375 10:13, 30 May 2009 (PDT)
- Well, then surely we'd have to mention her in this article? Because related artists thus far are only ones that have collaborated or been on tour with NIN, and so there would have to be a reason why the band was there. Shouldn't we just leave it unless some colab work does happen, or she in some way gets involved with nin? sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 16:22, 30 May 2009 (PDT)
- Here's what we can do: when the time is right, we can create an external link to West Indian Girl's site with the word "wife" as the link itself. This way, anyone who's curious can click on the link and learn more about her career.--leo3375 20:51, 15 June 2009 (PDT)
So the big event has happened already. But please do not make a page for her unless she actually does something at a professional level with Trent.--leo3375 23:49, 21 October 2009 (PDT)
- Seeing as this is confirmed to have happened already, I think we should approach it froma different view - if the material made is as a new group or partnership, make her a page, but if it's a one-off, it may not be needed - unless we want a Stella Soleil page etc. Maybe the Glossary? sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 05:19, 22 October 2009 (PDT)
I've been going through various old articles, and back then he mentioned religion a lot more - is that fit for mention, or too personal? I'm asking because its a close call, religion features in so many songs, but someone's religion IS their personal business. sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 15:41, 28 May 2009 (PDT)
- He was raised Lutheran but hasn't been a practicing Christian for a long time. I'm not sure if it can fit anywhere in this article.--leo3375 21:17, 28 May 2009 (PDT)
- I know the info (he's a non-specific theist nowadays), I just wanted to check if it was acceptable for the article. I'll try and see if I can put it in the early years, but I'll double check my references first. sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 04:57, 29 May 2009 (PDT)
Body of work
Should this be made into a table format, or is it better as it is, so each year can be accessed by the contents box?
This should be entered I feel, but is relatively personal, so just checking first sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 04:41, 6 June 2009 (PDT)
- He's changed his mind 11th June '01
- Actually, he said that date years ago in a post on The Spiral Forums. This is at odds with the uncited "July 11th" in the body of the article under Rehab and Recovery. Where is that quoted from? Bwary 00:46, 2 January 2010 (PST)Bwary
- Date's been fixed. (Lousy typos.)--leo3375 19:57, 2 January 2010 (PST)
Ok, looks like it's confirmed that TR wrote at least one track for Tsukamoto's new film. I put it in here as there's no reason to yet believe it's a NIN piece. Any questions? sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 13:02, 25 April 2010 (PDT)
Should we add a section for all nominations and awards that Trent has received, both under NIN and solo, or leave separate on each page, or even create a new page for them? sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 21:52, 16 January 2011 (PST)
He is singer, but this article lacks definition of his vocal abilities (type, range, peculiar stuff). Does that not matter? BenAkenobi 05:17, 23 February 2011 (PST)
- Well, how much do we know about his abilities? We don't know his range or anything like that, just the range he uses. sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 05:59, 23 February 2011 (PST)
- I bet it's just matter of interest and shouldn't be very hard to analyze for somebody like music teacher. ETS had a thread about it somewhere i think. BenAkenobi 06:23, 23 February 2011 (PST)
- It's something that is very hard to call, and as it changes with age, I think it would be best to just not enter it unless, for some strange reason, the NIN camp give that info. We won't be able to be sure, so it would just be someone's best guess at the end of the day sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 06:34, 23 February 2011 (PST)