Talk:Samples In NIN Songs
"You're So Vain" in Starfuckers?
As far as I can tell, it doesn't SAMPLE the song. It just references its lyrics. That's not a sample to me. Is there an actual audio sample of "You're So Vain" in "Starfuckers, Inc"? -- iantm 15:02, 20 October 2010 (EST)
Unless you can extract the sample from the song and provide a link to the original, or there's published proof, they're just speculation. -Heroicraptor 14:44, 16 March 2007 (PDT)
- agreed, I think comparison samples should be made for each case, although in the case of movies, I'd settle for a link to a youtube clip where possible with an offset into the clip for when the sfx is played. -- Jdowland 14:25, 12 January 2009 (PST)
Get Down Make Love
Does anyone know where the dialogue during the intro is from? Aeontriad 14:43, 25 June 2008 (PDT)
"I think the sample at the beginning of "get down make love" is from an old viacom cable access show called 'Video Psychotherapy'... That sample along with the Japanese porno samples were added in Chicago with Al Jourgenson. I did only the basic track recordings in Cleveland. Those samples were added during the mix."
iantm 13:08, 07 June 2009 (EST)
- The speaking is from "The Cabinet Of Caligari", a 1962 thriller.
More Alien Samples
I think various powerloader sound effects from aliens are used on the self destruction remixes on further down the spiral, but I won't bother putting them in the article until I can be arsed to dig the film out and prove it. -- Jdowland 14:24, 12 January 2009 (PST)
- Be arsed please =) sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 14:32, 12 January 2009 (PST)
I think that we should list the time at which the sample occurs in each song. Like in the very first one about Sanctified, how it is said that the sample starts at about 3:20.
- Good idea sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 08:20, 30 May 2009 (PDT)
Sample from Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The girl voices are from the 30th minute (about 30:50 depending on the recording) when the couple are running towards the cabin nearby.
- Can you elaborate on which song you hear this in? -leo3375 22:34, 2 January 2015 (PST)
Reptile, the sound is "Kirk, help!" as the girl trips a bit as she runs down a hill.