- 1 Singles
- 2 Cover art
- 3 "Zero-Gen-Ten"
- 4 Wtf?
- 5 Recent Edit
- 6 I can't stand it
- 7 Just a Reminder
- 8 Early review
- 9 Early release
- 10 Uploading liner note scans
- 11 Strange numbers in the booklet
- 12 The Colored Letters
- 13 Nipple on cover?
- 14 Out of time!
- 15 Year Zero TV/Movie Project
- 16 Year Zero 2 starts here???
- 17 Instrumental Versions
- 18 In This Twilight`
So far just two, or has anyone heard anything through the grapevine? Thanks Iguana nirvana14
I found the image of the Year Zero cover on the symphony of noise webpage that was found in the USB of "Me,I'm Not" (although when updating I stated it was from the "My Violent Heart" mp3 by mistake)... Hope you don't mind Jgrizzy89 06:13, 24 February 2007 (PST)
- The text in the picture you uploaded appears to be added by a fan. I Have replaced the image you linked to with the official cover as posted on nin.com
Yeah, I realized that after I ran it through a graphics coordinator I own... Sorry about that mistake, and thanks for the revert back! Don't forget to sign after a post or talk with four ~
- Thanks Jgrizzy89 14:09, 27 February 2007 (PST)
On the inside of the year zero package, the two arms on the left holding the bible and right with the gun, look closely at there wrists. the left hand has a red diamond and the left one has stitches. perhaps this suggests something of tracking removal. also, i am not an expert on guns, but could the "W:5, C01, o1o, 0, S:4, pTL, 21" written on the gun hold an significance? it might be a serial number or something, but it is worth a check. nevermachine
Does anyone know what the source is for the bonus track Zero-Gen-Ten? Rtiztik 12:10, 3 March 2007 (PST)
- Nevermind, I researched it and found that Zero-Gen-Ten isnt a japan bonus track, it's the subtitle name of the japan version of the album. Rtiztik 12:54, 3 March 2007 (PST)
How are the track times listed for unreleased tracks? Am I missing something? --Quentin 23:20, 6 March 2007 (PST)
- I'm reverting it unless he can prove they're not bullshit numbers. -Heroicraptor 23:23, 6 March 2007 (PST)
They're not bullshit, theyre from the USB's. It's better than whoever put the length of the Beginning of the End as the length of the radio clip. That's an example of obvious bull. Rtiztik 18:42, 8 March 2007 (PST)
- All of the tracks had times listed. I removed those. -Heroicraptor 00:20, 9 March 2007 (PST)
This isn't the first time I've heard of HYPERPOWER! being 1:42. The person who said this was named Ninjaw in the IRC channel, but potentially the same person who made the times on the wiki and the person who said the time for HYPERPOWER! in the IRC are one. And to add, I combined the times for all the tracks and the total run time for the album is 62:57
just spotted this in the recent edits today: " # "[[Zero-Sum]]" <!-- Be on the lookout for Zero-sum --> " ..by a user Seed0 ..hmm? - killjoy 10:59, 1 April 2007 (PDT)
I can't stand it
I need more new NIN, I've memorized nearly all the lyrics for YZ and it isn't even out:0~
Speaking of which, someone post a pic of the cd, before and after heat up. -Velvolver 08:53, 8 April 2007 (PDT)
I think we should leave that until release day. QueenFUBAR 12:21, 8 April 2007 (PDT)QueenFUBAR
- Eh you're right. I think we actually skipped to far ahead in the ARG anyways with obtaining the disc and packaging before hand (Big big fuckup there). Basically ruining surprises Trent has in store. Btw, put four of these: ~, to leave a signature. -Velvolver 11:54, 8 April 2007 (PDT)
Just a Reminder
Please do not post links to MP3 downloads to Year Zero and its individual tracks. Also, please do not post pictures of the CD and the actual artwork until the release date.--Leo3375 19:08, 9 April 2007 (PDT)
It has been described as "mid-tempo with a bit of a swing in the beat."
I took this off of Capital G and was told to put it on the Year Zero page, however, I don't think that it should be placed anywhere in this article... any suggestions, either for this page or another (or for none at all)...? Jgrizzy89 19:49, 12 April 2007 (PDT)
- If anything just make a "Reviews In Media" section with a list of links to reviews of the album minus quotes (this can be done for individual songs/singles/albums, but chances are albums and singles as a whole will get reviewed rather than single songs so...). As a side note, The Edge was the first station to air the album, and I listen to em all the time and pop by the studio every month or so :P --BurnHavoc 24:41, 12 April, 2007 (EST)
Has anyone else gotten the album yet? I was in best buy on friday and they already had stocked it. Pretty freaking cool... Its a really good cd too.
--Sabeen557 13:55, 15 April 2007 (PDT)
Uploading liner note scans
Unless the liner notes have been uploaded to NIN.com, please do not post them. The contents of the notes can be found both on this "Year Zero" page and the respective song pages.
If the liner notes are ever uploaded to NIN.com as a PDF or other document, you are more than welcome to link to it.--Leo3375 15:14, 17 April 2007 (PDT)
Strange numbers in the booklet
I just got the CD and through out the lyrics booklet, there are strange numbers. For example, on the page for The Warning there are 13971, 126871 and 314697. anyone figure out any meaning to this? Armac 16:40, 17 April 2007 (PDT)
Jforsyte <snipped to shorten talk page. Sorry. BTW, if you use 4 tildes at the end of your comments the Wiki automatically puts a signature with date/time for you>
- The numbers, when traced as if they were dialed on a touchtone phone, form another Wreckage/Shard combo. See here for full details. The shard itself is http://www.themailstrom.com/flood_LHL7P3.htm enjoy :D BurnHavoc 23:52, 17 April 2007 (PDT)
The Colored Letters
Did anyone notice the "off" color letters in the CD Booklet sprinkled through the lyrics? Ylbissop 23:30, 17 April 2007 (PDT)
- See the summery here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=22943&start=0
- They spell out a new shard in hex pairs: http://www.themailstrom.com/usurp_397W4P.htm
- Sorry to kill your theory :( BurnHavoc 23:48, 17 April 2007 (PDT)
awsome thanks Ylbissop 00:31, 18 April 2007 (PDT)
In the very back of the booklet it has discoured letters too. it's not the usurp letter because I can see an "I" in there. but i can't see much else because my eyesight isn't the best. Blank 02:27, 19 April 2007 (PDT)
- Unfortunatly I cannot see any discoloured "I" in my booklet nor can any of the 40 or so people I have asked. :/ --BurnHavoc 02:57, 19 April 2007 (PDT)
At the back of the booklet Blank
- Allow me to repeat myself: THERE IS NO DISCOLOURED "I" ANYWHERE IN THE BOOKLET. Even at the back. Which word does this mysterious "I" appear in? --BurnHavoc 03:38, 19 April 2007 (PDT)
Nipple on cover?
Is it just me, or does it look like The Presence has it's thumb on a nipple? Like the landscape is mother nature Herself, or just to say F.U. to the powers that be by having a nipple on covers all over the country including wal-marts?
Could just be me and my...mindset.
Out of time!
Has anyone noticed that the tracks 9-16 all contain the word "time" (except for AVOTT, of course)? Even "The Greater Good" has the lyric "Now it's all just a matter of time" (although it may not have made it onto the final recording)!
Year Zero TV/Movie Project
Has anyone else seen the latest on this? I know there's not a lot of new info, but we can at least update the article with the newest mentions of this.
New york times Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/arts/music/08pare.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&ref=arts#
"Mr. Reznor has been working with Lawrence Bender, Quentin Tarantino’s longtime producing partner, to create a cable TV series to tell the entire story. "
- Of course. Also, to sign your name, type four tildes (~) in a row, without spaces in between. --Tonyconverse! 15:12, 18 June 2008 (PDT)
- Thanks. Info has been added. Feel free to check my work. Aeontriad 14:41, 19 June 2008 (PDT)
Year Zero 2 starts here???
- No. No it doesn't. Thast has nothing to do with anythingSheepdean 12:12, 14 August 2008 (PDT)
Shouldn't the unmastered instrumentals be mentioned in this article as well as in the one for The Downward Spiral. Further on, I think it would be nice to add the instrumental versions to the songs' pages (though it might be a little bit confusing with songs that are already instrumentals or for example The Greater Good which had its instrumental release with the Survivalism single). RickLip
- If you mean the mixes from trent on remix.nin, they could be entered, but they're less versions than they are songs without the singing. sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 12:50, 18 May 2009 (PDT)
In This Twilight`
Anyone think that the background noise to in this twilight sounds like an effected dot matrix printer cause them things were noisy ? im curious to what others think about this