Should it be noted on the Suck page that the Pigface live recording was officially released in the full show in 2006? TitanicFog (talk) 02:38, 6 April 2023 (UTC)
New User. Help please!
After a few attempts I finally uploaded a version of the PHM album cover I'm satisfied with. It says "This one is perfectly centered on the Y-Axis.". Can you help me delete the other ones, as not to clog up the cover page with my failed attempts? Also! I have high-res scans of each of the artworks representing the songs from The Slip. Can you help me create a page so that I can upload them? If not I'm happy to give them to you for upload.
- Ok, I took out all the extra PHM scans. I had to download your final one and re-upload it in order to get the file hierarchy to work the way I needed it to during the deletion process. Hard to explain, but it's fixed. As for the The Slip songs, you can go to each song page and click on the art there and it will take you to the same type of page as the other images, where you can upload your versions. Also, may I have your permission to color-correct the scan of Year Zero Remixed? It's a bit oversaturated.Piggy (talk) 21:26, 29 June 2020 (PDT)
Please do! My scans for the most part are raw with the main editing I do is heal out any impurities in the scans. I'd love for my scan to be in line with the rest on here!
Thanks a million for uploading some new photos to the NIN Wiki. It's much appreciated.--leo3375 20:47, 11 January 2010 (PST)
The general consensus on wikis is that we use the standard English of the editor: so if they're american, they can use american spellings, if not, they use british spellings etc. As painful as it is for me to read "disk", it is technically a correct spelling in english (see here), so there's no need to fix such things - the same applies to colour/color, aluminum/aluminium, -ise/-ize etc. The only exception to this will be in direct quotes and lyrics, in which we use the english of the person speaking. Thanks for taking enough care to notice things like that though =) sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 04:52, 19 June 2010 (PDT)
I've been trying to figure out for a while what exactly he did on The Fragile, where did you find info that he did guitar on No, You Don't? sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 03:42, 18 July 2010 (PDT)
- it's in the list at The_Fragile_(halo)#Personnel, so that may be it. i don't think we realized this when you and i were trying to track down where people heard about the Hamilton credit. - seasonsinthesky 09:22, 18 July 2010 (PDT)
- Read your booklet - he's not mentioned in it. It's something everyone "knows", but the only evidence I have is mentions of him being in-studio around that time, and maybe working on that track. Nothing official, and I still have seen nothing to point me that way sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 11:51, 18 July 2010 (PDT)
Hey Pig. Yeah, you. I've made you a moderator. It gives you the following privileges that normal users don't have:
- Block other users from editing
- Change protection levels and edit protected pages (including the Main Page)
- Delete pages
- Move pages
- Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page
I only ask that you don't block people without talking to me unless they're doing something really obnoxious (we've never had to do it). Thank you for your tireless efforts on this Wiki! --Tonytalk [admin] 00:37, 22 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you, Tony. I probably won't be doing a whole lot that would require mod status, but I do appreciate the upgrade!
Really slow response from site
Hello Piggy, I'm a new editor here and I'm getting super slow response from site. Do you know anything I might do to speed things up? Thanks! Htde 22:38, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- Welcome to the wiki! Yeah, I've been having the same problem here and there lately, but I don't know what might be causing it. If i were you, I would ask Sheepdean or Tony (they have been pretty active lately). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.--Piggy 02:46, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
Deleting unused categories.
Hey, Just went through http://www.ninwiki.com/Special:UncategorizedCategories. What remains, besides root, is garbage as far as I can tell. Since your an admin, can you delete these?
Htde 03:48, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- Deleted all the junk, decided to keep a couple (but categorized them). All that's left there now is Root.--Piggy 05:56, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Help with ICGEA lyrics
Hey! I created the page for I Can't Give Everything Away (the Bowie song TR covered at the show tonight). I input the lyrics to the song on the ninwiki page, but need help with the below. I'm temporarily banned/muted on ETS at the moment to ask for myself in the Bowie thread.
I keep seeing different lyrics for the opening section. In the official lyric video it says "prodigal son", i.e. -
I know something's very wrong The pulse returns the prodigal sons With blackout hearts, the flowered news With skull designs upon my shoes
But elsewhere it says it like this (how I put it on the ninwiki page). Do you know which one is correct?
I'm pedantic about getting lyrics and facts correct.
I know something is very wrong The post returns for prodigal songs With black-eyed sharks with flowered muse With skull designs upon my shoes
Ryan (talk) 02:49, 20 July 2017 (PDT)
- I just listened with my Grado headphones and it sounds more like the official lyric video words to me.Piggy (talk) 03:32, 20 July 2017 (PDT)
- Cool, thanks! Meanwhile, it looks like the thumbnail for Patriots Day on the main page needs to be adjusted. The image didn't resize correctly/isn't clear. Ryan (talk) 06:35, 22 July 2017 (PDT)
- No problem! Uploaded a new PD icon, and a new one for AV since it kind of has the same problem.Piggy (talk) 22:18, 22 July 2017 (PDT)
- That looks much better on both counts. Meanwhile, I added some more recurring lyrics to that page, and also added the unsung lyrics on the Less Than and Not Anymore pages. I think I read on ETS that there is a line in The Lovers that is sung but not listed in the mp3 lyric tag? Do you know what that line is?
Ryan (talk) 01:21, 23 July 2017 (PDT)
- Should we replace Rob Sheridan with John Crawford on the main page under people of interest? Oh, and can you find the BPMs for the AV songs anywhere?
Ryan (talk) 06:45, 25 July 2017 (PDT)
- Not sure on that one, since his past contributions will be so tied to NIN. Eventually, we probably will. I don't have permission to do it anyway. I haven't found any BPMs yet, but I'm looking. Piggy (talk)
never played live
Yo, what was the reason for removing all the non-album tracks from never played live? sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 10:05, 25 July 2017 (PDT)
- I didn't remove them, I just placed them at the bottom of the page. The reason being that everything was grouped by era and since these new EPs are coming out so close together, it didn't make good sense to refer to each one as an era. So I did away with the era concept altogether and arranged it strictly by release, much like the BPM rates page. The era thing had made it a bit messy/disorganized for all this time, anyway. Piggy (talk) 16:40, 25 July 2017 (PDT)
Hey, are the track times for TVW different because the vinyl version is extended? Or is it just to do with the vinyl format and fading, etc? Ryan (talk) 04:48, 18 September 2017 (PDT)