This community member receives the Newsletter. Do you?
- 1 Next Newsletter
- 2 A Mix Of All That Was images
- 3 Username Issue
- 4 Music-Related Templates
- 5 Thanks
- 6 NinWiki Newsletter Issue #2.
- 7 Re: The Spiral
- 8 Lithos
- 9 Trent Reznor Page
- 10 Year Zero Universe Fact Page Needed
- 11 Main page
- 12 Grammatically incorrect lyrics
- 13 Need a reviews page
- 14 Malicious article vandals
- 15 Richmond, Virginia
- 16 "Fake Videos"
- 17 "Duplicate wiki pages"
In the next newsletter, can you put in something like "To Spiral members: During the next spiral chat with Trent, would someone please ask about the lineage of March Of The Fuckheads and The Great Collapse?"?
- Oops, that was me. Doesn't matter now anyway. I got Jose to ask. -Heroicraptor 01:45, 23 March 2007 (PDT)
A Mix Of All That Was images
They are being used, just not in a way the wiki understands. :/ -Heroicraptor 12:11, 10 March 2007 (PST)
Haha! I was surprised that no one has asked me if I really am Aaron yet. It was just the first short thing I could think of while signing up. My new username will be "spitonit" (without quotes of course). The editing while onstage thing got a good laugh out of me. --Aaronnorth
Is there a way to import all the music-related templates? If yes, that would be a whole lot simpler than having to copy and paste from wikipedia. Heroicraptor 00:22, 15 February 2007 (CST)
Thanks for all your work cleaning up the actual discography/song pages. I was really confused as what to do with it after all the redirecting Scicks was doing. X3 --GrayscaleRain 14:19, 16 February 2007 (PST)
I also have to thank you, and you should know what for. I made a bad decision before, now I will try my best to help out. Thanks Tony. --RedRobin 15:32, 20 February 2007 (PST)
Hey, no problem, I didn't see it so it doesn't matter. ^_^. I was wondering though. I could post video download links for some concerts in the bootleg section. Like I have 10 songs from the first concert. But there FLV and I did not upload them. There actually from YouTube and I'm getting all the download links from KeepVid. --Bleedthrough 09:17, 21 February 2007 (PST)
NinWiki Newsletter Issue #2.
Re: The Spiral
I am indeed a Spiral member.
In my ever-growing quest to make awesome tour pages, I was wondering about adding the tour lithos for each show to it's tour page. I'm not sure if that's kosher though, with copyrights and stuff. What do you say? TAOSD.net has good thumbnail sized ones, if we get permission to use those from him, is that all we need? Thanks... -Meatball 11:19, 2 March 2007 (PST)
- TAOSD is down for some reason. I don't even think we need permission from him, but I'll ask him anyway, just to be nice :-). If they're very low-resolution, it's fine by me. Wait for further word, though, I'll ask some other admins if it's alright. --Tony 13:32, 2 March 2007 (PST)
Trent Reznor Page
I would like to write a bio for the Trent Reznor page based on what has been disclosed through published interviews. I know that there was some risk of publishing information that was too pesonal, but rest assured, everything in it would be public knowledge. Things like high-school activities, pre-NIN bands in Cleveland, and his much-talked-about rehab and recovery. And even though we know the names of some of his relatives, none of that would be published at all.
In addition, there is a Reznor Family Tree online chronicling Trent's genealogy on his paternal side. I would post a link to it on the page but only with an admin's permission.
Add peanut butter cups!!
Year Zero Universe Fact Page Needed
Tony, could you please make a wiki page where users can post all the facts so far of the Year Zero world. Aka, opal replacing major other drugs, the gov. rounding up people who talk about the presence openly, how long the chips have been used in the US, etc...
All the information from the various pages collected in one spot, painting an accurate picture of the Year Zero world. THANKS--Velvolver 11:51, 16 March 2007 (PDT)
Thanks you for letting me try to redesign the main page. If you look at the Main Page/New article, I got the templates how I want them (for now). I moved the information that I did not include in the templates to the Help article. Take a look at what I've done and let me know if it looks okay. --M.A.X. 11:08, 17 March 2007 (PDT)
Grammatically incorrect lyrics
What's wrong with this article? It's a topic of interest that comes up on forums, because there are a noticeable few of them. The subjective suggestions can be deleted, so all the article can do is list all the lyrics that definitely violate some rule of grammar. Pomte 18:17, 23 March 2007 (PDT)
Need a reviews page
Lets add a reviews page so users can discuss and review the new YZ songs. I think we all know what the magazine reviews are like (Lets compare all the YZ tracks to American Idiot, and The Good Soldier sounds like "Down in it" - yeah right).
Also songs that have lyrics in the lyric sheet but aren't sung (such as a lot of PHM) should be added in parenthesis.
Malicious article vandals
we seem to have a few occurances of people attacking the wiki with crappy usernames. QzgHlv and NdpDwm both are usernames that seem to have been created to just delete a whole chunk of an article. The examples are here and here. Could you get these accounts removed and hopfully the IPs banned (if they show up for a provider that does static or semi-static IP leases). Thanks Tony -- BurnHavoc
I was wandering if you could possibly post or find some information about the Richmond, VA show. I attended, but was ill and don't remember it very well. (Luckly I managed to make it to the Virginia Beach show, so no harm no foul...) Anyways, thanks,,, -Crazyninfan
Listen, I understand the need for you guys to dismiss these videos or whatever. But shouldn't they at least be labeled fake on the wiki rather than just trying to delete the pages, lock the topics, whatever. That's fucking suspicious. XD --GrayscaleRain 14:43, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
- Actually tony I've managed to argue somewhat that the BLAMMO of the thread, while deserved due to suspect origins, dosn't necessaraly rule them out as fake. The current percentile of their authenticity is around 0.05 to 0.08, but we should leave it around for at least a week until we know for sure that the original author won't elaborate on the find. It's perfectly reasonable to suspect that the tracker in place didn't poll the site durring the small timeframe the videos were available, as is it reasonable to expect that the original page would not have actually been modified and just either moved and then replaced when the timeframe was up, or the virtual directory used was changed then changed back.
- The ONLY reasoning for declaring the videos as fake were twofold: Not 100% top quality, and lack of evidence from the polling scripts. Both reasonings have flaws but they only ammount to small chances. I suspect that if the videos ARE authentic that it was a fluke that they were obtained. I think they got downloaded while the admins were doing a quick livetest of a site they planned to release live at a later date. Nontheless, fake or real the information about other invalidated sites is on the wiki this should be here nontheless. Besides, they are EXCELLENTLY done if they are fan-made, alot of time and thought were put into them for non-official material. --BurnHavoc 18:05, April 11 2007
- Thanks, Tony. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I'm just saying that even if they are fake, they need documentation as they are part of the "Year Zero Phenomenon". The fake websites have been documented after all. Though, no links, just as you said. That's why I didn't link them originally because I didn't know if they were fake or if they were real and weren't supposed to be obtained yet. You know? ^_^ Thanks again for being understanding and reasonable. *bows* --GrayscaleRain 15:03, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
"Duplicate wiki pages"
Tony, there are two versions of the "One country at a time" page on the wiki.
They were the same until I spent a lot of time in the wee hours of the morning updating one, the first link I posted.
If you could please delete the second page (the one in all capitals) and then change the original to all capitals it would save a lot of confusion and be much appreciated. THANKS -Velvolver 05:31, 12 April 2007 (PDT)