- 1 Opalheartclinic Lyrics
- 2 American vs. International spelling
- 3 Album Credits
- 4 Song Pages
- 5 NinWiki:HaloLayout
- 6 Song page format
- 7 TR Bio
- 8 I need to speak with you
- 9 IRC
- 10 Hey good job
- 11 Moving theories on song pages?
- 12 How Are You?
- 13 Vandals again
- 14 Internal Error
- 15 exhibitA.wav vs. Capitol G
- 16 RE: Phone Call
- 17 Wiki Issues
- 18 USBM Logo
- 19 Michael Reznor
- 20 BYIT Closer video
- 21 The Great Collapse
- 22 Thanks
- 23 Spam accounts
- 24 Adminship
- 25 AJ16xy
- 26 Dave “Rave” Ogilvie NIN remixes
- 27 AIM/Yahoo/MSN
- 28 Can we use it?
- 29 My apologies...
- 30 Renaming
- 31 pics
- 32 re: Welcome
- 33 Cover.jpg
- 34 Ghosts I-IV images
- 35 Uploading stuff
- 36 Tour Date template
- 37 Thumbs
- 38 Hello :D
- 39 Plug info?
- 40 Thanks
- 41 TR duets
- 42 West Indian Girl
- 43 NIN remixes
- 44 Official Vimeo account videos
- 45 Delete/report button
- 46 !
- 47 Why do you keep undoing my post for Red Rocks?
Obviously, the lyrics to this remix are almost completely different from the "Tardusted" remix and the album original. Has anyone been able to transcribe the lyrics yet? And if so, do you think it would be worth posting them on this page?--Leo3375 12:45, 3 May 2007 (PDT)
- Then you gotta think about transcribing the Gave Up remix's lyrics and Fist Fuck's lyrics. -Heroicraptor 22:26, 21 August 2007 (PDT)
- They could be posted on www.9inchnails.com. This site has lyrics from the remixes as well. --Wizfan 07:04, 22 August 2007 (PDT)
American vs. International spelling
Shouldn't we use the International spellings of words, seeing as how more than just the US can access this site? -Heroicraptor 22:42, 20 May 2007 (PDT)
- Most sites I visit use American spelling. Even people in non-English-speaking countries seem to use it more often. Perhaps we should look at other sites to figure out what to do.--Leo3375 05:01, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
- What Wikipedia does is, they look at what the article is on and judge whether it's European or American. For instance, if it's an article about Yorkshire Pudding (which isn't ACTUALLY pudding), they'd use "favourite". If it were about the Boston Red Sox, they'd use "favorite".
- It seems more sensible to me to just leave the words how they are. The original editor should be the one to decide whether it should be "ou" or "o", and it really doesn't matter much anyway. Americans can understand the British version, Brits can understand the American version. My vote is to just let it be. --Tonyconverse! 08:05, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
- Alright, sounds good to me. -Heroicraptor 08:34, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
- Awesome job, thanks. I had asked so I could do the ones you hadn't gotten to yet, but I see you've done them all. Again, thanks. -Heroicraptor 12:16, 12 April 2007 (PDT)
I really appreciate your enthusiasm in creating new song pages, but please make sure to include the new song template and the [[Category:NIN Songs]] category. -Heroicraptor 19:43, 18 February 2007 (PST)
Do you have any suggestions for such a page? -Heroicraptor 17:03, 22 February 2007 (PST)
Song page format
Howdy there. I think all the song pages should follow the example set by Down In It (song). It's probably the best page on the whole Wiki right now. I'm think it'd be cool to have a subheader under "About" for relationships with other songs. Stuff like musical/lyrical themes that carry over, songs played together live, etc, but I don't know how to word it. Let's standardize this bitch!
-Meatball 09:30, 23 February 2007 (PST)
Good job with the song pages so far. I'm trying to add descriptions by crawling up the halo ladder but as you can see it's taking me a while. Keep on truckin', you're doing fantastic! :3 GrayscaleRain 19:38, 10 April 2007 (PDT)
Hey, a few things:
- Keep family out of it, not even links
- Do not include anything which does not influence his music in later life
- Do not include trivial facts (Wikipedia says his favorite m&m is the green kind.)
Other than that, it'd be great for you to add whatever you can to the article :-D. Remember, sign your posts on talk pages with four tildas (~) in a row, that'll sign your name for you. You can also press the botton second on the right above the edit box when you edit pages. --Tony 17:40, 5 March 2007 (PST)
I need to speak with you
It would be absolutly fantastic if you could get into #ninwiki-ops on irc.freenode.net using X-Chat ASAP - it's a great way to communicate. I see you've been using the Rollback function. All that does is, quickly reverts to the previous edit. So if someone clears out a page and puts a picture of a penis, press the 'Rollback' button next to the edit in the history of the page, and it'll revert it back to the edit before. --Tony 15:03, 7 April 2007 (PDT)
Hey good job
I see you removed the download links for the songs. Goodjob, we don't want the RIAA shuttin down the wiki. -Velvolver 08:39, 8 April 2007 (PDT)
Moving theories on song pages?
Why move them to the top? they seemed a bit more fitting at the bottom after all important standard song info. --BurnHavoc 11:40, 10 April 2007 (EST)
How Are You?
Just saying what's up. Anyways, take it easy... -Crazyninfan 22:02, 10 April 2007 (PDT)
Theres a pattern with the vandals. They arn't "real" users in any sense. The names they have are all random letters with the same pattern: 6 letters, with the first and fourth capatalized. All they do is sign up and delete sections of articles at random. IMO we should just nuke accounts and ban the IPs (if they're static or semi-static) that follow this same pattern. Theres 3 I've chalked up so far (the previous two and now this one). Should talk to Tony about this... -- BurnHavoc 11:22 April 11, 2007 (EST)
Sorry about the smoke break comment... -Crazyninfan 19:48, 17 April 2007 (PDT)
exhibitA.wav vs. Capitol G
I saw that you had removed the refrence to the exibitA.wav info from the versions section on the capito G page I dont agree that Capitol G is used "in its entirety" if this was true inverting the song and filtering capitol G with it would not have produced another wav. This is why I had listed it as a seperate version of the same song with no lyrics changed. I guess my question is how much of a song do you have to change to make a new version? is it enough just to add an additional inverted track of talking and rename the song? look forward to getting your POV thx. ylbissop 19:56, 18 April 2007 (PDT)
I can see why ya did it and I'm not gonna change it. i still say its a different version cause the sounds are where the stenography lies I agree to disagree thx again. ylbissop 19:56, 18 April 2007 (PDT)
RE: Phone Call
right, thats what the whole point was. the only mention of it on the free rebel art page is that the message is similar to the one played if you call the number, but it doesnt say that it IS the same number. i dont feel confidant changing it myself... im afraid of screwing up the page, but i think it should be on there.
Hey, the Moderation group got dropped accidentally when I messed with some stuff. I'm upping you to Sysop (full admin) until I re-instate the custom "Moderator" group. This is a temporary position for you for now. Don't do anything you shouldn't. --Tonyconverse! 20:11, 18 April 2007 (PDT)
Yeah, I was in the process of doing up a USBM page on the work computer, but things in the office distracted me, and I decided to put it aside until Thursday (my day off). Looks like you beat me to it, but I'll add the links and references to USBM that I had in mind on Thursday when I have the time to kill to go through all the relevant YZ pages.
Thanks, --Jackdestruct 22:40, 23 April 2007 (PDT)
I saw that you removed the Michael Reznor article from the Glossary citing; "Removed due to personal information concerns". I just wanted to say that I got this information from ETS and double-checked it with the article of Trent Reznor on Wikipedia. The name of Trent's dad is no secret, so I was wondering why it would be a personal information concern.
just wanna chime in and mention that this information is general knowledge. when you get famous you give up some degree of privacy. google "trent reznors father" and the info is yours. i dunno if thats a good reason to include it or exclude it but my reaction was.. what personal information? ylbissop 14:52, 26 April 2007 (PDT)
cool thanks for the explanation ylbissop 15:09, 26 April 2007 (PDT)
BYIT Closer video
The vidoe of "Closer" from BYIT was posted at YouTube by UMG. Since the record label was the one who uploaded the video, I feel that it is acceptable to post. Had it been uploaded by someone not affiliated with NIN, there would be a problem.--Leo3375 05:18, 22 May 2007 (PDT)
- Oh, I didn't see that UMG had uploaded the video. My bad. -Heroicraptor 08:05, 22 May 2007 (PDT)
The Great Collapse
Sorry if I came off hostile with my edits. Frankly, I just got really tired of pretty much everyone on the NINternet saying TGC is a remix of The Wretched when it very clearly isn't, IMO. My opinion is based on apparently circumstantial evidence from a TR interview - circumstantial because I can't for the life of me recall where I read it, or even if I did! Sounds like it's time for a Hotline article archive search. As well, the lyrics simply reinforce the web-like nature of The Fragile. People would call Underneath It All a remix of The Great Below if it was on TFA and credited to TR and Alan Moulder, would they not? Anyway, I could swear TR has said that TGC is a Fragile outtake, and not a remix. It helps that the "manipulations" are credited to TR and Moulder, who sat there and put together the whole record. Any info you can share on this is obviously welcome, as this interview I have in my head may not even exist across the vast seas of the interweb, and I don't proclaim to be the info master about this. - Seasonsinthesky 20:37, 7 June 2007 (PDT)
When i saw the photo of MEg White with NIN, i didnt know what to think. I heard from several friends and my music teacher that she played during the With Teeth tour briefly. Well, thanks for correcting my mistake.
Good work with those spam accounts. I've just set it so you need to email to register again, so we won't have this problem again until I set it back to open registrations. Thanks! --Tonyconverse! 09:27, 22 June 2007 (PDT)
Dave “Rave” Ogilvie NIN remixes
Thanks for cleaning up my mess in this section I am still new at this. Zeelog1 7:15, 5 August 2007 (PDT)
Can we use it?
Thank you for letting me add the Wikipedia link on the Broken Movie. Hope you're pleased with my contributions!
Now, here's a question: am I allowed to use information from the NinWiki for other wikis? I won't do a simple copy-paste, I just need some info.
So... may I? Pleeeease? :D
By the way, what do you think of my "song" (you can read the lyrics on my user page)? Ain't it a kick in the head? Well, actually, it makes you want to kick your own head, but I'm no Reznor... --Wizfan 14:06, 24 August 2007 (PDT)
I know you're not used to read stuff like this on your User Talk page, and that you prefer receiving NinWiki-related posts (you may delete this message if you find it useless), but I'm really, really sorry about the updates I did today. See, I felt so excited when I began writing, that I just couldn't stop. I wanted to swallow it all, swallow it all, swallow it all, swallow it all... you know.
BTW, I deleted my last message, since it's not relevant anymore and I wanted to save you some kilobytes from the User Talk page. Also, I've added you in my deviantART watchlist. You'll see me in your "Recent Watchers" list. My name is a bit different there, but, please, don't reveal it here. --Wizfan, the man who erased the capital H 04:55, 11 September 2007 (PDT)
Since I don't see the "move" button anywhere on the ninwiki, i will post here if I think something has to be renamed, just as you told me. And the first one is 2007/08/19 Biddinghulzen, Holland into 2007/08/19 Biddinghuizen, Netherlands, because there is definetly "i" after "u" and the country name should be the same everywhere. -fillow 06:21, 24 September 2007 (PDT)
- 1999/11/28 Tilburg, Holland to bla-bla Netherlands, also two London dates from 99 (England -> UK) -fillow 14:25, 28 September 2007 (PDT)
What pictures am I allowed to add? nin.com/current? randomly found on tour journal and other resources? (not asking bout the spiral ones^_^) I'd like to add some to main tour pages to represent the stage look. -fillow 12:16, 13 November 2007 (PST)
- Photos from nin.com/current are permissible as long as it's listed as the source. Before posting any photos taken from an ETS tour journal, though, e-mail the poster and get and OK from them. Again, credit the source both when you upload the file and when posting it within the article.--Leo3375 12:21, 13 November 2007 (PST)
Thanks for the advice, I will check it when I will have time for it. Don't hesitate to correct me, I am not familiar with Wiki, and not nerdy ;) JuSt1Ne 04:58, 4 December 2007 (PST)
Ghosts I-IV images
I'll go through and change the "-" to "–" on all the pages. I still have to add pictures to Ghosts II and III, and I only uploaded the PDF images, not the images embedded into the files, Bat21 did those, so s/he deserves so of the credit there. :-) This is really the first wiki-adding stuff I've ever done, so I'm still learning the process and procedures. I've always wanted to help out, but never really knew what kind of stuff to add.
I will work on a "Ghosts Images" page once I'm all done adding the images to all of the song profiles. Where should I add that to? The main Ghosts I-IV page? If I don't get to that tonight, I can for sure do it Sunday evening.
Also, if there is an alternate way to word the entries I've added (or whatever wiki best practices you've adopted that I have overlooked) feel free to let me know, and I'll go through and change those.
Thanks for the comment!
Tour Date template
Seeing as a vast number of users have been uploading the setlists with poor formatting (manually entering the numbers, not using tags to link to the song, linking to disambiguation pages etc.) perhaps the template should have a guide on how to post them? Something like this:
Enter setlists like this: #"[[songtitle]]" #"[[songtitle]]" #"[[songtitle]]" #"[[songtitle]]" #"[[songtitle]]" #"[[songtitle]]" etc. And please check all links before posting.
Thanks. Sheepdean 15:15, 7 September 2008 (PDT)
I fixed the thumbnail issue, it had to do with some internal mechanism going haywire. Anyway, to fix individual thumbnails, just change the size by 1 pixel or more. For example, if the image "Nin deepcuts back.jpg" had trouble rendering a thumbnail, change this:
- That's because you have to go through and manually do what I just showed you above to every thumbnail. I'll do the ones on the photoblog page. --Tonyconverse! 22:11, 30 November 2008 (PST)
I'm a new user here and I was woundering if I could get some help. I'm thinking about creating a page or section of for all of the insterment trent reznor has play (live or in studio), I was wounder if you can help me. I'm not famillure with the layout, nor am I sure if I'm aloud to do it. times, two heads are better then one.
I found some sites that has imfo on plug, again I'm not too fancy with the HTML stuff for this site so I'll just leave some links.
Ni Nails 09:44, 26 March 2009 (PDT)
alecjcook - Thankyou for tidying up my posts, I'm still quite new to editing wiki pages, so the help is appreciated :)
West Indian Girl
Someone had made a page for Q a couple weeks ago but I deleted it because it was completely irrelevant to NIN. If someone does make a page for West Indian Girl right now, it would most likely be a dead end. However, changing the last sentence of Trent's bio to "… with his fiancée and two Greyhounds" and linking a West Indian Girl page in there would lead to it, but the only way out would be through the category section.
Wow. You made me think on this one.--leo3375 22:01, 30 May 2009 (PDT)
- How about we mention her name in the TR article, as he has mentioned it himself, and she has started showing up in interviews (check this month's mojo), so I think we're allowed to acknowledge her. But we just don't link to anything unless WIG or Q do anything with nin, which is pretty unlikely methinks. Oh, and it's fiancé, unless she's got a secret she's keeping from TR ;)sheepdeanis in your base killing your d00ds 04:39, 31 May 2009 (PDT)
Don't mind me, just taking over your talk page - I had an idea for compiling all of NIN's remixes on one page, which would be a pretty long thing, which is why I'm checking here. I know that every mix is on the song's own pages, but for those who are interested in the various versions of ever song, it could be easier. I did an example for PHM here: User:Sheepdean#NIN_Remixes
- I've extended it for Broken too, but I'd like a response prior to doing TDS, there's a lot to do and I'd hate to waste my time like that. Cheers sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 12:59, 1 June 2009 (PDT)
Official Vimeo account videos
i just added a mention of the official HD video on the NIN Vimeo account of 1,000,000 live from the stage in Australia this year. i was planning to add similar mentions for the other songs that have been shared by Rob Sheridan via the official Vimeo account. what's our policy on linking in these instances? shall i link directly to the videos, or directly to the NIN Vimeo homepage? both? is it okay to mention them at all? - Seasonsinthesky 17:48, 9 June 2009 (PDT)
- I've linked these videos directly on the Tour Date pages so I see no reason why they wouldn't be allowed. Link to them under the "External Links" subheading in the Song or Tour Date article.--leo3375 18:31, 9 June 2009 (PDT)
- sounds spiffy - since they're official releases, should they be included on the song pages as versions? - Seasonsinthesky 05:13, 10 June 2009 (PDT)
Apparently nin fans are currently big on buying prescription medication - any chance of giving a report or delete button to us lowly users, instead of having to wait until a mod comes online for them to go? sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 06:37, 28 June 2009 (PDT)
- this would be great. until if/when it happens, you should probably delete the two pages user Nindude just made. - Seasonsinthesky 18:19, 31 October 2009 (PDT)
ok im sorry about that, just tryna help, i was wonderin of an admistrive posotion in the wiki, or possibly help on the newsletter?? enythin i can do?????
Why do you keep undoing my post for Red Rocks?
Why do you keep undoing my post for red rocks? I still have the survey. Would you like me to post it?