I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017
This tour took place between July and December in order to support the Not The Actual Events and Add Violence EPs. It is part of the NIN 2017-2018 touring cycle. These are the first Nine Inch Nails shows since the NIN 2013-2014 touring cycle.
- Alessandro Cortini: Keyboards, guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Robin Finck: Guitar, Keyboards, backing vocals
- Trent Reznor: Vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Atticus Ross: Keyboards, samples, programming, backing vocals
- Ilan Rubin: Drums, keyboards, backing vocals
This touring cycle had a stripped down, back-to-basics approach, similar to that of the Performance 2007 and Wave Goodbye tours. Reznor stated that he had bowed out of the "arms-race" of concert technology and wanted to bring an element of danger and unpredictability. Behind the band was a scrim, and very basic lighting was used. Smoke machines were able to be used, as no elaborate visual elements would be interfered with. The looseness of production allowed for setlists for the overall cycle to be notably spontaneous. An aesthetic element was added with strands of recording tape hanging from mic stands, keyboard stands, and drum structures. This harked back to the music video for "Head Like A Hole" and certain portions of the Self Destruct Touring Cycle.
- "The Fireman" (set intro music played over PA)
- "Less Than"
- "March Of The Pigs"
- "Piggy" / "Something I Can Never Have"
- "The Frail"
- "The Wretched"
- "Closer" (with "The Only Time" interpolation)
- "Copy Of A"
- "Gave Up"
- "I Can't Give Everything Away"
- "The Lovers" / "The Background World"
- "Reptile" (first half of tour)
- "The Great Destroyer"
- "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)"
- "The Hand That Feeds"
- "Head Like A Hole"
- "The Day The World Went Away" (second half)
"Branches/Bones", "Less Than", "The Lovers", "The Background World", and "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)" made their debuts.
|2017/07/19 Bakersfield, CA||Rabobank Arena|
|2017/07/23 Los Angeles, CA||FYF Fest 2017|
|2017/07/30 New York, NY||Panorama Festival|
|2017/07/31 New York, NY||Webster Hall|
|2017/09/15 Chicago, IL||Riot Fest|
|2017/10/20 Las Vegas, NV||The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel|
|2017/10/21 Sacramento, CA||Aftershock Festival|
|2017/12/16 Houston, TX||Day For Night Festival|