Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D (pronounced Year Zero Remixed; also known as Halo 25) is a remix album by Nine Inch Nails that is a companion piece to Year Zero. It was leaked to P2P and torrent sites on November 14, 2007, and released in the US as a digital download and a CD/DVD-ROM on November 20, 2007, in the UK on November 26, 2007, and as a 3-disc vinyl set.
The album contains remixes from artists that Trent Reznor contacted and asked to do remixes, as well as a fan remix. "My Violent Heart: Pirate Robot Midget" is a fan remix that initially appeared at ninremixes.com, but Reznor was so impressed by it that he asked for permission to add it to Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D. Multitracks from each track were released and remix.nin.com was launched for sharing of remixes.
- "Gunshots By Computer": Saul Williams - 1:43
- "The Great Destroyer": modwheelmood - 4:19
- "My Violent Heart": Pirate Robot Midget - 2:34
- "The Beginning Of The End": Ladytron - 4:20
- "Survivalism": Saul Williams - 4:18
- "Capital G": Epworth Phones - 7:25
- "Vessel": Bill Laswell - 6:10
- "The Warning": Stefan Goodchild featuring Doudou N'Diaye Rose - 3:43
- "Meet Your Master": The Faint - 3:35
- "God Given": Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert - 4:27
- "Me, I'm Not": Olof Dreijer (Olaf Dreijer) - 14:00
- "Another Version Of The Truth": Kronos Quartet & Enrique Gonzalez Müller - 4:25
- "In This Twilight": Fennesz - 4:37
- "Zero-Sum": Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert - 5:38
- As of November 20, the album is not available on iTunes UK.
- The CD is packaged in a six-panel gate fold digipak and contains an insert. As well, it contains a DVD-ROM featuring multitrack files from every track on Year Zero with files formatted for Apple GarageBand, Ableton Live (both PC and Mac), the demo edition of Ableton Live (both PC and Mac), and 16-bit, 44K WAV files for use with any audio-editing program.
The vinyl edition is a 3-disc set in a six-panel gatefold jacket with accompanying insert.
A1 "Gunshots By Computer": Saul Williams - 1:43
A2 "The Great Destroyer": modwheelmood - 4:18
A3 "My Violent Heart": Pirate Robot Midget - 2:34
A4 "The Beginning Of The End": Ladytron - 4:21
A5 "Capital G": Epworth Phones - 7:26
B1 "The Warning": Stefan Goodchild featuring Doudou N'Diaye Rose - 3:44
B2 "Meet Your Master": The Faint - 3:35
B3 "God Given": Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert - 4:28
B4 "Vessel (Mix 1)": Bill Laswell - 9:36
C1 "Capital G": Switch - 5:00
C2 "Me, I'm Not": Olof Dreijer - 14:01
D1 "The Good Soldier": Sam Fog (Samuel Fogarino of Interpol) - 8:15
D2 "Vessel (Mix 2)": Bill Laswell - 13:12
E1 "Capital G": Ladytron - 5:05
E2 "Another Version Of The Truth": Kronos & Enrique Gonzalez Müller - 4:25
E3 "In This Twilight": Fennesz - 4:37
E4 "Zero-Sum": Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert - 5:39
01 "Hyperpower!" 'Gunshots By Computer': Remix by Saul Williams
02 "The Great Destroyer": Remix by modwheelmood
03 "My Violent Heart": Remix and Additional Production by Pirate Robot Midget @ Fakefriends Studio, NL
04 "The Beginning Of The End": Remix by Ladytron J-Type Overdrive
05 "Survivalism_Tardusted": Produced by Saul Williams and Thavius Beck
06 "Capital G": Epworth Phones 666 Revolutions
07 "Vessel": Mix Translation and Additional Production: Bill Laswell
- Additional Beats: Fanu
- Created at Orange Music
- Engineer: Robert Musso
- Assistant: James Dellatacoma
- Mastered by Michael Fossenkemper at Turtle Tone Studio, NYC
- Administration: Steven Saporta / Invasion Group
08 "The Warning": Real World Remix by Stefan Goodchild (featuring Doudou N'Diaye Rose)
09 "Meet Your Master": Remix by The Faint
10 "God Given": Remix by Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert
11 "Me, I'm Not": Remix and Additional Production by Olof Dreijer
- Olof Dreijer is represented by DEF Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 "Another Version Of The Truth": Remix Produced by Kronos Quartet and Enrique Gonzalez Müller
- Arranged and Mixed by Enrique Gonzalez Müller
- Engineered by Scott Fraser
- Kronos Quartet appears courtesy of Nonesuch Records
13 "In This Twilight": Remix by Fennesz
14 "Zero-Sum": Remix by Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert
All tracks (except "Vessel") mastered by Brian Gardner at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA. "Vessel" mastered by Michael Fossenkemper at Turtle Tone Studio NYC.
Art direction and "The Poisoned Sky" by Rob Sheridan. "The Scorched Earth" by Hydraulx. Artist Matthew Santoro.
Interscope Records, 2200 Colorado Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90404. Manufactured and distributed in the united states by Universal Music Distribution.
© 2007 Interscope Records. All rights reserved.
The cover art was posted on NIN.com on August 15, 2007. The titles of the illustrations used for the front and back covers are The Scorched Earth and The Poisoned Sky, respectively. The cover art for Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D is similar to the cover art for the Capital G promo.
Although there doesn't seem to be anything hidden in the cover art, a closer look at the inner booklet of the CD/DVD shows the phrase "WE DESERVED BETTER THAN THIS", along with "YOUR GOVERNMENT (Illegible)" and "AIR" scrawled on an abandoned house in a polluted wasteland. It is unknown if these were part of the ARG or led to new websites.
- Interpol's Fogarino, Knife's Olaf, Ladytron Remix NIN
- Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D page at yearzero.nin.com
- Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D at nincatalog.com
- Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D at Amazon
- Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D at eBay