2008/10/04 Santiago, Chile
Nine Inch Nails played at the Arena Movistar Santiago in Santiago, Chile, on October 4, 2008 as part of the Lights In The Sky Tour. The chilean band Vigilante was the opening act.
- This show was NIN's first in Chile, having cancelled a previous tour date in 2005.
- During "March Of The Pigs", Trent Reznor threw his microphone into the crowd, letting a fan sing the "and everything is alright" line. Trent replied "Thank you".
- Before they played "Closer", Josh Freese broke his kick drum, causing a short pause. Trent explained that
Sometimes Josh, our drummer, gets a little bit wound up. And he, uh, broke his kick drum. So give us one second, and we will be right back with you.
- Trent injured his right elbow during "Only" when he punched the front screen several times. Presumably, this is due to technical difficulties with the screens. A first technical glitch occurred with "Closer" (the song was played with new visuals, using the back screen as a projector of sorts for Trent's face, as seen during the second leg of the LITS over North America tour, but didn't work). The second glitch occurred during "Only", as the interactive screen did not work properly. Neither glitch was detected by the audience during the show, and can be perceived only after comparing Santiago footage with footage from other shows.
- The front screen showed a black space during "Only" and for some songs during the rest of the show. The NIN logo shown at the end of "Head Like A Hole" made the area of the screen punched by Trent very visible.
- "Down In It" was on the setlist but was not played.
- Before they played "God Given", Trent spoke to the audience:
Thank you! Thank you very much! We finally made it here! It's been an honor to play for you, thank you for coming out, we appreciate it. I promise we'll be back, we won't take 18 years. Besides, I'll be dead by then, so we'll be back soon, I promise. Thank you. Thank you. This is a song from Year Zero. I wrote this because the country that I live in has lost its fucking mind. I'd like to personally apologize for our fucking president, he is a cunt. Anyway, here we go.
- Alessandro Cortini: Keyboards, programming, guitar, backing vocals
- Robin Finck: Guitar, backing vocals
- Josh Freese: Drums
- Justin Meldal-Johnsen: Bass, guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
- Trent Reznor: Vocals, guitar, keyboards
- "Letting You"
- "March Of The Pigs"
- "The Frail"
- "The Wretched"
- "Head Down"
- "Gave Up"
- "The Warning"
- "Corona Radiata" / "The Greater Good" (Lyrics of The Greater Good sung over Corona Radiata)
- "Terrible Lie"
- "The Big Come Down"
- "31 Ghosts IV"
- "The Hand That Feeds"
- "Head Like A Hole"
- "God Given"
- "In This Twilight"
Fans from the Formerly NINflames community, WITT, have released a 2 Disc DVD of the Performance in 5.1 Surround, anamorphic widescreen and multi-angle shots (Approved by Trent Reznor Himself).
You may also include links to concert reviews and other articles about the concert. YouTube links are welcome as long as they have been uploaded by the person who recorded the video.